Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

If I could be a fly on the wall (every day in May)


Today's prompt is: If you could be a fly on the wall at any time in history, where do you go?

Well, knowing my luck, as a fly on the wall I'd be swatted before I saw anything remotely interesting!

I'm a bit of a history nerd, I love to bore my friends with pointless facts I've learned from watching SBS docos (watched two on the royals just last week which *I* thought were fascinating). Having a history doco on in the background makes housework more bearable. I'm assuming that's just me ;) So, probably I am actually quite happy with witnessing history from a page or a box where I don't have to live with the stench of the olden-times or view anything gory and horrible up close.

But... if you really MADE me go somewhere back in time I guess (being a church-going Christian) I would probably have to say the first Christmas. It looks quiet and warm and happy. It would be cool to witness that particular turning point in history that has touched so many lives.


2 comments:

  1. Poor Mary, I would try and be a busy buzy fly and keep all those visitors away while she rested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All hail the SBS docos! I'm also a BIG fan of history, non-fiction and all that real stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)