Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The girl has been cooking again...

A couple of weeks ago I baked too many a LOT of brownies in an effort to find the perfect recipe... It had to be:

* easy enough for Nat to help
* quick enough to make late on a school night
* chocolately enough to satisfy my family of chocoholics
* not over-sugared.

I ended up making my own recipe (we all know I'm not good with following other peoples' instructions) and here is the recipe I came up with:


Sam's Never-fail Brownies

1 1/2 cups of sugar (castor is best, but works ok with plain white)
85g of butter
3 lge eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
pinch of salt

Method
Preheat oven to 180C
Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar
Add eggs and vanilla
Add (sifted if you have time/inclination) dry ingredients
Pour into baking trays (2cm deep)
Bake 18 - 20 mins (20 mins will give a firmer, less fudgy result)
Allow to cool slightly before cutting (although Nat and I have been know to attack with a spoon straight from the pan)


 Here are some Nat and I prepared earlier! A lamington tray works well, although I prefer to use several smaller pans (so they fit in my convection oven and also it means less cutting and therefore more uniform shaped pieces)


We've baked these a number of times now, given them to people to try - even sent away one tray as a care package. All reviews have been favourable :)

1 comment:

  1. These look super yummy Sam. Definitely will add them to my 'must try' list :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)