Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gardening with the little people

As we are not good with green things, the kids have recently been reduced to watering dead sticks so last weekend we decided to let them choose some new plants for our balcony garden.

I love watching my little people in the garden. I think I've spent too much time reading about fairies, but there's something magical about watching a kid with a watering can! It took all my strength not to raid the dress up box for... ahem... gorgeous fairyland constumes *suitable* attire.







We decided to plant things we will be able to eat (what better way to get the kids to eat tomatoes!) and things we can't shouldn't be able to kill. So we planted cherry sweetbite tomatoes, child-safe chillies and portulaca (so cheerful and hardy).

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)