Puffy fabric tree decoration:
1. Locate all materials - fabric scraps and embellishments.
2. Cut four identical squares. Trace circles onto two of them.
3. Sew felt embellishments onto the circle - mine are felt hearts and I sewed them on using the machine. You may choose to hand stitch.
4. With right sides together, sew around the circle line you traced at step 2. You can sew directly on the line or just inside the line. Up to you. Leave a gap at the top for turning inside out.
5. Trim and notch the edges of the circles. Or just cut around with pinking shears if you aren't too fussy (I'm not).
6. Turn inside out and stuff.
7. Now decorate. You can use the open part at the top to sew in a ribbon if required. I crocheted a border around the outside, you may choose to sew or glue on lace, ribbon, anything. Remember, this is a project for kids, so I'm keeping it simple!
8. Go delight grandma with your beautiful home-made ornament. Or hang on your own tree!
Enjoy! I'll be back tomorrow with an even simpler ornament - a sew along I did with more than a dozen kids.