Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding fun :)

Tonight I'm escaping the mummyhood and going out with the girls for some fun :) We've found somewhere that will let us watch the Royal Wedding on telly, we're getting frocked up and going out!!!

In honour of this regal occasion, yesterday I whipped up some headwear :)




I cut some shapes from a remnant of purple lining, melted the edges with a candle (so they wouldn't fray), added feathers, beads and buttons and hot glue gunned the whole thing to a piece of felt. I probably should have sewed the beads on, but limited time and it really only has to last one night.

I added a headband which I'm hoping I can layer under an up-do... I'm too old  not a headband sort of girl but I hate pins! I have a gorgeous purple dress that I picked up in the sales for $7, time to cut off the tags and take it out for a party :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for stopping by :)